Sunday, October 21, 2012

If You're Willing To Put Up With Me....

SO occasionally I feel like I have nothing of interest to offer the world, or at least nothing blog-worthy to say, which is why I thought I'd start my own separate little homeschooling blog to have something to specific to scribble about but occasionally random thoughts come to me, and I feel like jotting them down.  When the random bug hits me, I'll post here.  When I wanna write down what this whole crazy home school thing is all about, I'll post on inspiteofme.webnode.com
If you care, well, I can barely believe it, but thank you.  Read on for some randomness:

      1. I'm not good at styling hair, and yet I have been given 4 daughters.  When curling bangs in Jr. High was cool, I was the only girl that couldn't do it.  When french braiding was the rage, I kept my hair straight, and now I'm practically bald due to a severe laziness in the area of blowdrying, conditioning, and otherwise making any effort at all to do my own hair.  So where does that leave my 4 little girls?  Unbrushed and scraggly..... enter youtube tutorials.  Yep, my kids have me watching strangers demonstrate how to create beach-like waves in your hair overnight.  Could someone please remind me what it was like to live in a world without the internet?

       2. ARGO was a reallllllly good movie, and so scary, and so historically informative for those of us were only 3 in 1979, and we remember hearing our parents complain about Carter, but we never really got around to finding out what their beef was with him.... Oh, now I get it.  Who says movies can't be educational? (disclaimer: the movie's got some major language in it, so if your ears are squeamish, refrain from seeing it)

       3. My sister's kind of awesome.  I know I've said it before, but really she is.  This Wednesday, she took the day off and brought us cupcakes and homemade pumpkin cream cheese, and she did a homeschool PE routine for the girls, and then we all decoupaged pumpkins.  It was so fun.  And that night when the girls went to bed, they found packages of stickers and candy under their pillows.  Seriously?  Who does that?  Auntie Bethie, that's who.

       4. On the flip side, TMJ, which refers to issues of the jaw, and the discs connecting all that stuff, NOT SO AWESOME.   Apparently I grind my teeth a lot while I sleep, and years of doing this is bringing on some truly antagonistic headaches.  The only good thing about it is I have a newly increased compassion for my friends (and sisters in laws) that get migraines.... not fun at all, and truly debilitating for moms who have so much to get done all the time!

       5. Lastly, Dan & I are the last people in the world to have finally finished watching season 1 & 2 of Dontown Abbey.  I'm so getting a "Free Bates" T shirt after this, and I can't wait till season 3 in January.  I truly missed my era, I would've been so good at being independently wealthy, and if I had had servants to assist me, I would never have had to do my own hair, or watch tutorials on you tube about how to do it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Can there be an "if I lived at Downton Abbey I would have long hair and many servants to fix it!" T shirt? Kidding. Miss you. I think you are always very well put together lady.
Your sister is awesome.

Darla said...

I'm so willing to put up with you!! My life is so dull, it's what I look forward to most. and anyone who sympathizes with my headaches......well let's just say, your my new best friend. All of my other friends don't care anymore.