Monday, October 13, 2008

Helpful Hints for Housewives


Just a few things I've found helpful lately:

1. My mom is always right about stuff.  Remember in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the dad would always say, "put windex on it."  Well, my mom's new favorite saying is "WD40 it!"  WD40 works miracles on mildew stains in the tub and impossible to get out marks on the stove (but please don't spray it next to a lit stove).  Anyway, my mom kept telling me to try it, and it really, really works.

2. For those of you out to save a buck, you may know that the men's and children's sections of Talbots went out of business, if you go to the outlet section of Talbots, they still have a few pages of some cute kids stuff and a page of men's stuff for super cheap, just to consider as Christmas is approaching.

3. Lastly, for those of you who have been cursed (as I have) with the "I had one too many babies" sticky-outy gut, I have found a miraculous fashion tip that is so flattering to the tummy.  I noticed on Oprah that a lot of times she wears these really wide belts, and on one of the final episodes of The Gilmore girls, I remember Lorelei's character wearing a really wide belt, so yeah I tried it, and I love it.  I layered the wide belt over a short sleeve button down, and not only does it look cute and stylish, it sort of acts like a girdle and gives your waist a cinched up look.  

4 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Thanks for the tips...I needed the last one. Now to find a wide enough belt ;) After having my third, sometimes I'm convinced there still is a baby in there...oh joy.

Unknown said...

awesome post...made me grin.

SomisSurferGirl said...

You crack me up!

Coleson & Tate said...

pretty sure you dont have that problem (the last one)! but thanks for the tips!