Friday, April 23, 2010

Knotts Berry Farm!





Dan's somewhat cynical boss (you know who you are Mister!) said, "Oh you're taking a day off to go to Notveryfun, eh?" But I must say, despite his little joke, and the chaos and grumpiness that can often take place when taking a family of 6 to a theme park for a day, we actually had a GREAT time! I'm so thankful for 2 amazing conditions that made our good time possible; First of all, there was the weather. It was totally mild, not too hot, not too cold. I was thinking back and realizing usually when I'm at a theme park, the sun is scorching and the heat starts to get to everyone after a few hours. So the lack of heat was a blessing, and then there was another thing lacking: CROWDS! We didn't have to wait in any lines, I figured there must be a lull between Spring Break and Summer Break or something, all I know is we got to go on a bunch of the rides twice even.

Anyway, we loved it, we consumed the obligatory funnel cake, shook hands with Snoopy, and Lorelei and I even went on Ghost Rider, and thought we were going to die. It was all very bonding.

2 comments:

Sara said...

These pics make me so jealous! We used to go to Disneyland at least 3 times a year and we haven't been in a year and a half. I'm dying for some "notveryfun." Although taking a very not flexible two year truly does sound like not very fun.

Darla said...

Marty and Christopher and Tatum had that same "Ghost Rider" bonding experience some years back!!