Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Campin' Out




When things get a little slow around here, Dad gets great ideas. First of all due to a serious lack of storage, he became inspired to create a whole wall of built ins and a desk that opens up for Lorelei. It's so awesome! We now have a place for all the little Barbie shoes, plastic animals, and toy purses we've been accumulating over the past few years!

Secondly, he set up the tent in the backyard, and the girls (well the 3 older ones) were brave enough to sleep in there until 4am when someone woke up cold and then they all ran in to our room and crashed into our bed.... With all three of them trying to wedge their legs and arms and chins in between Dan & I, I found myself teetering precariously on the very edge of the mattress for the remaining hours of the night. Needless to say, I just made an appointment with a chiropractor.

4 comments:

SomisSurferGirl said...

hilarious. love it. miss you.

AmyLeite said...

New desk/wall unit looks GREAT! Bom trabalho, Dan! We've been talking about breaking out our very dusty tent as well but my hubby would be out sleeping in the backyard with the two older kids...perhaps that would keep them out there all night and keep at least me out of the chiro's office!

Darla said...

Dan is awesome!! You are all awesome...I so wish I had worked harder to stay in the girls lives.These last two years, well you know, have been the hardest for me. I can't buy back that time and it seemed to have changed me :(
The years we spent with your girls will always be a special memory for us.
I love my "verification word today......"booti"

RamonandTara said...

Love checking your blog from time to time. Beth told me about it awhile ago. Your girls are beautiful!!! Fun too to see Morgan, considering her and Sawyer are the same age. If you're ever in town, my girls would LOVE to play with your girls.