Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bye, Bye Summer... You were Good To Me











To celebrate summer's final days, we spent a few days together exploring the aquarium in Long Beach, swimming at a hotel pool (to my kids, this is the equivalent of a winning the lottery), and then we headed to Lake Arrowhead with Sandhya's amazing family (my TMC bff).... ahhh Summer days, so sweet, so necessary.... the rest I needed to prepare me for the working days ahead! We came, we saw, we suntanned....we got a little cranky with our husbands for not taking the freeway exits we suggested, but overall.... we loved every minute of our beautiful state! We couldn't help but marvel at the fact that here we could be enjoying the beach in one city and then within just a few hours drive, enjoying the hills and lakes of the San Bernadino mountains! It was a great send off to summer.... now perhaps, I'd better stop blogging, and start thinking about that new class I'm teaching... you know that one that starts Monday?

2 comments:

Edwards Family said...

That picture of Dan CRACKS me up! Glad you had a great summer, here in Ventura we are still waiting for it to come.

Sarah said...

Also love that picture of Dan... I'm glad you had a great summer send-off! Miss you guys lots (mostly you)!!!!!!