Wednesday, January 5, 2011

On Behalf of My Other Daughters



About a year or so ago, I think I mentioned something about a cute little 3 year old boy planting a kiss on my 2nd oldest daughter Noelle. I didn't think much about the fact that he had singled out Noelle, I just thought it was a cute, kind of funny story.

Then this past Sunday at church, a little 5 year old boy (the pastor's grandson actually), approached my husband, and said, "Just so you know, I'm going to marry Noelle someday." Dan took a serious tone, and replied,"Are you asking me if you can marry my daughter?" The little boy said, "yep."

Well, as Maylin recounted the story to someone in the back of the church, yet another little 5 year old boy objected right in front of me, saying, "I was going to marry Noelle...."

Wow, she's popular.

I would just like to say, that Noelle Christina is my namesake, and perhaps with the name, came all of my less favorable qualities. She talks too much (like me), she's overly dramatic (also like me), she has a propensity to stomach aches (me too), and truthfully, she can be quite a handful (possibly this is all my fault).

My other 3 daughters remind me more of my much more agreeable husband. Maylin is diligent and hard working, she can really stick to a task. Lorelei is easy going and likes everyone. Morgan is fun loving, and laughs at life.

The point is fellas, I appreciate your interest in Noelle, but I would like the world to note, I have 3 other perfectly charming daughters, and if you offer me the right amount of cows and goats, I'd be happy to hand them over.

But if you insist on pursuing our little Noelle, it looks like you'll have to take a number, and in the words my father once used when addressing Dan about whether or not he could marry me. Sure... but remember, no refunds!



6 comments:

Beth said...

No worries we were hoping for Maylin but Matt seems to make her cry every week, so maybe Morgan is a better match.

Beth said...

You know, if he married Maylin I would have a crafty daughter in law to play with :)

AmyLeite said...

Just so everyone knows, my son declared he was going to marry Noelle like 2 years ago, way before our pastor's grandson! :) You'd better get out the camera and try to catch Noelle and her many beaus together just in case you need to contribute photos in the future for the wedding slide show! :)

Unknown said...

Amy has a good point about the slideshow.

Sarah said...

You're toast... just kidding! I have the opposite problem.... little 2-3 year old girls always trying to attack my son... =)

Jen said...

We're still waiting for the love match between Liam and Morgan. And I promise that I will be the coolest Mother-in-Law EVER!!! (you believe me, right?)