Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Gets A Little Retro This Year




Barbies, a microwave that cooks things with a lightbulb, scooters, and the rip-roarin' headache of a game, Hungry Hippo were some of the fun gifts that the girls scored with this year. As I was flipping through the photos, I realized these were all toys I'd had when I was a kid. Hmm, am I trying to relive my childhood or what? This concept surprises me since mom always said I was an old soul. When the other little kids wanted to play tag type games on the playground, I would always say, "No... let's sit under a tree and talk." But I guess despite, my "old soul" tendencies, I do have a nostalgic hankering for the little things that can bring a kid great joy (for at least 9 to 11 minutes).

Anyway, it was a Merry Christmas this year, and I'd love to tell you all about it, but the truth is, as I type this silly little blog entry, a stack of short stories written by well-meaning 15 year olds awaits me. And instead of putting them off yet one more day, I should probably tackle them NOW. Who knows, maybe the next great author of our future is among them, and if not the next great author, perhaps at least I'll encounter a future housewife that blogs a little on the side.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Lorelei should be the easy bake oven model! =)