Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me

Well, I've got to tell you this morning has provided me with a unique glimpse into what it would be like to be a real housewife of Orange County (or wherever... and no I don't actually watch any of those shows because let's face it, I can't afford to lose any more brain cells into the vortex of mindless television). Anyway, I'm officially off of work until January, but all of the girls had to go to school for one last day before vacation, so I find myself here.... at my house...... ALONE!!!

I thought about buying a box of bon bons and eating them in front of the television for a while, but then I remembered the hundreds of cookies I brought home from the Christmas cookie exchange I went to last night, and I figured.... they'd do. So yep, here I am, a mom alone in her house, drinking coffee, eating Christmas cookies, with no small children to ask me how many more days there are until Christmas, with no one yelling, "I'm telling on you," and there are no cups of sticky milk being spilled on my dining room table right now. Instead, it's just me, relaxing, contemplating painting my nails for the first time since August, and wasting time on my computer.

Insert contented sigh.

I guess Christmas came early for me this year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome!!!! Glad you got some 'just Chris' time.