Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow: It Does Exist





Having been raised in the dry heat of the San Joaquin Valley, my ideal climate is tanning bed warm. I like to be warm, I like to be dry, and I like to be tan. Is that so wrong? The point is I have almost NO experience with snow, because rumor had it, snow is wet and cold, which always made me wonder why people deliberately choose to go to it. Then I had kids and in my imagination, I daydreamed about them frolicking in the pure white snow, laughing, and playing. I asked Dan if on Christmas Eve we could drive to Grant's Grove just 2 short hours from Visalia, and introduce the girls to the snow so that I could make my daydream a reality.

Well, I'll say this, it was indeed very beautiful. We even visited the Big General Sherman tree that I believe is the tallest Redwood in the world (275 ft). It was majestic and an impressive testament of God's creation. The girls were very excited, and that made me happy, but as it turns out.... genetics are a mighty thing. Apparently, that whole liking to be warm & dry thing was passed on from me to them, because as soon as we got there, Morgan got snow in her boots and I have never heard that girl cry and fuss and whine so much in her entire 3 years. The older girls got to do a little sledding, and as they finished up, Lorelei went into hysterics about her freezing cold feet. She thought she had frostbite.

Dan accused us all of being a bunch of babies, and looked at me accusingly as if perhaps I was to blame for all of the crying. Then we left.

Needless to say, it was a little bit of Christmas magic, Leaman girls style.


4 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

I must be related! ;)

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA. Ethan and I like CCCOOOLLLDDD!

Unknown said...

This is hilarious. I love the snow and get cranky when it's too hot.

stephanie said...

this is hilarious.

no one sets a scene like you :)