Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It Wouldn't Be December Without...

The annual Christmas show at school. Plus side: the girls were
cute & loved singing their songs! Down side: We were there for an
eternity, because we had to sit through the preschool performances
& then the elementary school performance.....I have no patience.


The office party. Dan's office mates and our dear friends all
get together and our kids exchange gifts. Plus side: We get to
hang out and eat a lot. Down side: Our friends gave Noelle a
slide whistle, need I say more?

The annual Christmas parade in Camarillo. Plus side, it was
a beautiful, sunny California day that day. Down side: It was
too long (there goes that impatience of mine again), and a guy
yelled at us for sitting where he had staked out his cones hours
before the parade. There's some Christmas spirit for ya!

Frosting Cookies at my house with a few of the girls
friends from church. Plus side: My sainted sister made the
gigantic batch of sugar cookies for us. Down side: Remember,
in addition to the fact that I have no patience, I also have no
self-control, so I ended the day with a sugar over-dose headache
and a vague conviction that I may be getting too old for eating frosting
till I'm sick.


3 comments:

stephanie said...

SO sorry about the obnoxious musical instrument. i KNEW i should have stuck with the skanky barbie...

:)

Jen said...

Man I wish we lived closer. I so want sugar cookies without having to do the work! Also I am jealous that Noelle can wear a tank top right now - it's barely above freezing most days. Tradesies?

AmyLeite said...

I love how you post a picture of yourselves sitting in front of the cones - photo was before getting yelled at, right? Hee hee. I didn't think Camarillians were allowed to yell at others at the Christmas parade, seems it should be against city law. Perhaps the guy was from Oxnard... ;)