Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Twins Are 6, How Old Are Yours?






Have you noticed there are sets of twins everywhere you go these days? I have. But no matter how commonplace they may be, I must say that having 2 kids that are only 1 minute apart never strikes me as altogether normal. This last week my girls turned 6, and I sort of wondered for the first time if it bothered them to have to share a birthday? I don't think so because that's all they've ever known, but still.... it's a unique way to live. But despite their differences and daily squabbles, I get the feeling they love each other a lot!

This year we went to Paintin' Place, a paint your own pottery type place to celebrate their birthdays. It was sort of a quiet party, lots of painting, no jumping in bouncy houses, no splashing in swimming pools, no energetic attempts at musical chairs... so basically I loved it. I think they liked it too, but I must say, it may be more of an age 8 type of thing depending on your kid's personality. Every year for me is an experiment, and by the time I figure out what my kids really love, they'll have moved on to the next thing. Anyway, the girls are 6 now! Big things like kindergarten are on the horizon!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hahahahaha!!! You made me laugh out loud... and wonder why we don't live closer. ;)

And a very happy (and belated birthday) to the twins. Double the pleasure, I'm sure.

Oh, and you're right. Twins are so in vogue. In fact, Ty had a "set" in his class last year and another this year. You've always been quite the trend setter. ;)

Sara said...

Oh, and I meant your comment on my blog post made me laugh out loud... ;)