Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Who Me? Tired? Nahhh....





Summer was moseying along, and then POW!

1. Soccer started, Dan's the coach....yay, oh yay. That means we
can't be flaky and miss practices because we're having an off day.

2. Guitar lessons started cuz I always said, my kids would try an
instrument when they turned 8, and whoa, I've got an 8 year old.
How did that happen? (and did I mention, I'll have to take a 2nd
mortgage out on the house if I want all 4 girls to take lessons of
some sort in the next few years?)

3. School started, school, you know that thing we go to, where all
4 of my girls are in 3 different classes, and I'm teaching 2 classes at
their same school, and they expect us all to be there with lesson
plans, and homework, and ironed uniforms, and lip gloss on by 8:30 each day? Well, maybe they didn't mandate the lip gloss but
please people, I am not an animal.

4. And then right after school started our family came to visit for
Labor Day weekend. That was fun, but did I mention, they have
SIX SONS UNDER THE AGE OF NINE? Did I also mention that my
house is less than 1400 square feet? Did I mention that?

5. And guess what I have Monday? TWO WORDS: JURY DUTY.
I love my country.

So yeah, I'm not tired, not tired at all, because being tired is for sissies, and I'm not a sissy, I'm a mom.

* Note: I'd like to say a special thanks to Auntie Bethie, my bestest and only sister for giving us a fun first day of school package to open the morning we all started, with presents for all of the girls and for me. (This is the part where all of you feel jealous that your sister is not as thoughtful as mine).

* Secondly, I know my relatives are all reading this, and I'd like to say for the record, that I did indeed enjoy the visit from my brother in law and his wife: Doug & Leah. We love them very much, and as much as I am not a kid person, especially when it comes to little boys, I will admit, that the boys were actually really good and really cute! And the chaos was sort of fun and very worth it because my girls especially had a BLAST with their cousins. The baby is missing from the 2 pix above, so you don't get the full effect.



2 comments:

Kristal said...

Hi! So, I keep meaning to tell you that one of your little girls totally made my Coleson blush and be giddy! What?! When did he notice girls...ahhh when the little LEAMAN girls came to church that's when! ahh! Apparently one of them knew his name and the whole way home he was drilling Terry about HOW they could know HIS name? And then Terry secretly told me to ask him and when I did it just about made this momma cry when she saw the reaction of the completely glossy eyed boy gush about one of your girls. again, ahhh!! :) anyway. I was so sorry to miss seeing you (in person) What fun that would have been. But I knew if I went to church and had one more person ask why I hadnt had that baby yet (even though I hadnt reached my duedate that week...) It wouldn't have been pretty :) another time! :) and tired...yea...psshhh it's totally for sissies!

stephanie said...

you and your lip gloss totally make me laugh.

and if we learned anything this year, we know that casey anthony taught us all that we need to respond to the jury summons. (hey, maybe you'll get a high profile case and get sequestered to a fancy resort for a few months!)