Monday, September 19, 2011

Grateful? Or Grumbling?

I fluctuate between 2 constant states of mind. A part of me says, I love this life of mine, I love my family, I love that I get to work part time with my favorite age group in the world, and teach students how to write introductions and thesis statements, and I actually love being really busy. However, I find myself more often vocalizing tired statements like, "well, I'm just so exhausted," and "there's just so much going on," and "It's just so hard to work and be a mom," blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, I'm annoyed by my own complaining.

So no more Debbie Downer droning from me folks, I'm moving on. Seriously, a new chapter is here. The next time I try to complain to you that I currently have a head cold, and didn't sleep half the night, I'm going to stop, and remind myself that it could be worse. Lice is worse than a head cold, and I don't have lice.

Or if I try to complain to you that paying for over-priced school pictures and carpet cleaning and new tires is really depressing because I'd rather just buy something fun and frivolous like a tiara, well, then I'll stop myself, and I'll remember my new chapter, my new happy, grateful chapter.

Yep. That's the new me. No more complaining. I'm not even going to mention the fact that I should go grade right now.

Or that my head hurts.

Or that I'm tired.

Or that my kitchen floor is dirty.

Nope.

Not ganna do it.

New me, new chapter.




2 comments:

stephanie said...

oh, good for you.

but i liked you just the way you were.

and seriously, who doesn't need a tiara?

Sara said...

Hahaha! Love it Christina!!

And Stephanie, aren't you two like next door neighbors?!? ;)

Oh, and I just got a booking w/ the most amazing photographer in the business. Sooo excited! ;)