Friday, February 3, 2012

It Goes So Fast

There was a time that going to the grocery store required a lot of strategizing. I wore one baby in the Bjorn, set one in a car seat in the front section of the cart, one in the big section of the cart, and I forced Lorelei to hold on to the back end of the cart, so I wouldn't lose her.

I thought that that stage was really hard.

But this week, one of my girls came home crying because of caddy girl drama at school. The other one asked that I not put her hair in a pony tail because she didn't like her ears (that one really shocked me by the way), and another one had a meltdown at gymnastics class.

In the midst of school and homework and lessons and trying to impart little bits of wisdom into their sometimes foolish hearts, a younger woman at church called me and invited my whole family of 6 to her house for dinner tonight. She currently has 1 child and is expecting another. And I heard myself saying to her.... "It goes so fast.... really enjoy it, enjoy it."

And I almost couldn't believe my own words. But they were true. The baby problems are so small, just like them. They require rash ointment, and sometimes that you switch formulas because they're allergic, and you think that diapers are expensive, but wait till you pay for private schooling and guitar lessons.

So enjoy those babies while you got 'em, they won't be babies for long!





1 comment: