Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bad Dreams

My girls are all at that precious stage where they are all older and sleep all night on their own, so it is now becoming very rare that we have our night's sleep interrupted (for which I am extremely thankful, by the way).  But occasionally, there's an exception to this rule.

4:30 AM this morning.....

I hear sniffling, and Maylin's voice coming from Dad's side of the bed.

"Daddy, I have bad news." Half asleep and mumbling, Dan says,

"What's wrong?"  Then insert a heart-breaking bout of crying.

"I had a bad dream that someone came and stole me."  At this point, I was about to get up and do the mom comforting thing, because she sounded so sad, but no need.  Instead Dan replied,

"I'd break their face.  Nobody can steal you because if they tried, I'd break their face," and then he hugged her. 

Okay, so not the approach I would have taken, but a classic Dad moment nonetheless.  




5 comments:

stephanie said...

seriously. so sweet. i love it.

(PS how did you train your kids to go to dad's side of the bed??? all the time i'm like, "kids, if you are sick, wake up DAD. please.")

Sarah said...

What a guy, that Dan. Norm's response would be something like shoot them in the face. :) hooray for dads!!

Edwards Family said...

Hahaha. I love this story! Avila woke me up at 3 am last night to ask for some Chapstick. Glad to know I wasn't the only one up. :)

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Ha! I love this! So awesome