Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wonder Woman


You may assume that the title of this post is Wonder Woman because Lorelei went to a Super Hero themed birthday party this weekend. But no the title is actually self-congratulatory for coming up with the outfit itself. When we got the invite, Lorelei was puzzled because in our house full of girls, we only have princess costumes and tiaras to dress up in, she didn't even know what a super hero was really. But thanks to the internet, I was able to upload a picture of Linda Carter in her super awesome Wonder Woman costume & Lorelei was quickly sold on the idea. However, then arose the problem of creating the costume itself. I used to say that I would never be one of those moms that centers their lives around their children, but who was I kidding? I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching the web for a red leotard, scouring Michaels for shiny gold ribbon, and then searching every kid's store imaginable for a bathing suit bottom that was navy blue with stars on it, can you believe I found one? I still can't. So was it all worth it, umm look at the picture people! Linda Carter step aside, there's a new blue-eyed brunette in town that wants your job, and when she finds out that an invisible airplane is one of the perks, they'll be no stopping her.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Is it wrong that I'm jealous of how a 5 year old looks?!? I'd like to say it's the AMAZING costume, but I think it's just good genes... :) Honestly, she is just too cute!

Looks like lots of fun...good job in the Creativity dept...funny the things we'll do for our children...

Way to go, Wonder Woman! ;)

Jen said...

That girl is gorgeous. Nice costume, by the way - reminds me of all the good outfits your mom used to make for you. Thank goodness you finally posted something - I was getting bored without your blog updates.

SomisSurferGirl said...

love it Chris.

Unknown said...

Good for you, Mom!

Anonymous said...

what?!?!?!?! so, you've got a blog...SO great!
www.MusingsWithSam.wordpress.com
-sam neylan
NICE to see your faces!!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, got your comment and you're doing GREAT in the blog world. ONce you feel like you've got a handle on it, you should also get a facebook acct...wow, THAT has been cool (and really really easy).
Also, I'm glad you saw the movie...yeah, worth the time, eh?

Well, here's to our newly rekindled cyber friendship!

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.