Thursday, May 1, 2008

Killing Time....


So today, we had our carpets cleaned, and as a result we were sort of trapped in my bedroom and my backyard.  Fortunately, the girls napped while the carpet was drying.  Meanwhile, I still had a lot of extra time in my room today, so I sort of wasted a bunch of time online, and was inspired to share my online discoveries with you:
     
    I. FELLOW BLOGGERS: I loved checking out my fellow blogging friends' sites.  These are some things I discovered.  

a. GUILT TRIP --- Thanks to Sara Garate who actually posted all of these lists about all the reasons she loves her husband, why she married him, and how great he is because apparently it was his birthday this week.  Well, all I can say to that is thanks  for making me look bad.  Dan's birthday was this week too, and I basically just got him cake.  He saw your blog, and was like so what do you have to say about me?  But of course, I can't make a list now because it would look like I was copying you, so whatever. (Babe, you know I love you...I plan on hanging out with you again in 2025, 
when Morgan the last of our beloved children is 18 & moves out. Seriously, let's start a countdown) 

b. FUNNY STUFF ---- Checked out Kelly Keller's blog, she referenced a blog called Stuff Christians Like.  For those of us who have grown up in the Christian world, trust me you'll laugh.

c. INSPIRATIONS ---- Elisha Larsen writes of her journey to adoption, Jen Oswald writes of coping as a new mom while her husband leaves for Iraq (loved the paper chain countdown), and Baby Reese on the Kostjuk blog is finally off her ventilator.   Reminders that life is hard, but God is so merciful.

II. SHOPPING ONLINE

a. ETSY.COM ---Awesome home made, super unique and artistic stuff.  I almost bought a hand sewn alpaca and wedding invitations.

b. BABYSTYLE.COM ---- I rarely actually buy, I usually just look browse, and covet.

c. REGISTRIES --- I so love that I can buy both baby & wedding gifts online, all I need 
now is for Starbucks to somehow begin a delivery to your door service, and I'll never 
have to leave the house again.  Why wouldn't I want to leave the house you ask?  My 
answer FOUR CARSEATS!

Oh, and about my picture, I thought that perhaps that would help explain why I had to get my carpets cleaned, even though, they're only a year and a half old.






5 comments:

stephanie said...

you make me laugh! and sara made us all look bad :) however, that cake you made dan looks quite impressive.

happy belated birthday dan!

The Parsons' blog said...

So I (Tricia's sister Sara :) just had to check your blog again and seriously Christina (and Dan you too of course) your girls are all SO beautiful. Tricia said you're coming to her wedding so hopefully I can see those cute kids in person.

Unknown said...

Wow, those are some messy feet.

I always make carrot cake on Father's Day and for David's birthday; it's his favorite. So if we could have made it, you wouldn't have quite so many leftovers ;-)

Thanks for the shout out!

Unknown said...

Oh, and happy birthday to Dan. David couldn't believe that you were older than him. I told him that Chris and I talked about it many times over when we lived out there (marrying older men, that is!).

The Parsons' blog said...

I guess I have to reword that, I won't see them at the wedding, but prior, or maybe you'll just bring pictures... you know what I mean...