Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a Week!




                         Morgan, Tatum, Lorelei, Darla, Noelle, Carly, & Maisy
                                           Head, shoulders, knees, & toes.....
                                                    Swinging rocks!
As you all know, it's a crazy time of year; birthdays, graduations, end of year stuff, etc.  Anyway without exception, the craziness has begun around here.  This week marked my last week of teaching classes (until September rolls back around), and the last week of the Maciel girls watching my girls!  They've been coming every Tuesday for the last THREE YEARS to watch my girls while I teach homeschoolers.  They started when the twins were 6 weeks old, and they've been amazing.  Darla cleans my house (even though I tell her not to), her girls entertain my girls, and they are always cheerful and energetic, far more so than I ever could be.  As most of you know, I'm not a mushy type of person, Darla was all teary and reflective over her bond with my kids, and how the time has gone by so quickly, and I was like all, "yes, 3 of my 4 kids will be in school next year, only 17 more years to go and I'm converting their bedrooms back to an office and a guest room...." But in all seriousness, thank you so much Darla.  Your family was a great blessing to mine over the years!  Oh, and I'll never forget that day when I felt really sick and you came over and looked at me and said, "Are you pregnant? And I was going to cry because I couldn't fathom raising my then one year old twins while being pregnant and sick and miserable, and I looked up at you with tears in my eyes, and you were practically giddy with joy.  All you could say was, "Yes! I'm the first one to know."   Did I mention she's a little on the competetive side?

Anyway, following that on Tuesday, we had the Thursday end of the year preschool show, and Lorelei was awesome (as awesome as you can be when doing the chicken dance).  Friday kicked off park days for the summer, it was freakishly cold, but Morgan loved the swing, and hey we did a bunch of other stuff, but if you're like me, your attention span is waning, so I won't bore you!  More later....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, we are the only people in your blogroll who have no parenthetical identification? You'd better come up with something. And make it good.