Tuesday, July 15, 2008

7 Degrees to Sam Neylan's Blog

Okay, so at my church, there's a woman named Darla Maciel and she is like the Kevin Bacon of our area.  She's the type of person that makes friends at the super market when she's in line.  Therefore, she knows everyone, and is always willing to help connect you with a person that she's met that can fix your a.c, tutor your kids, or specializes in tile installation.  I'm amazed by this type of gregarious personality.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Sam Neylan is the Kevin Bacon of Master's College alumni.  My guess is that if you went to Masters sometime between the years of '95 and '03 or so, you've met her, or you know someone that's met her.  So recently I was reading her blog (which is like the mother of all blogs) and I noticed a quick connection.   She mentioned that while in Hollywood she ran into A.J. Tigner and his wife.  I thought to myself, hmmm, small world.  His wife (Stacy) is my pastor's daughter (Rick Anderson, shout out by the way, he's amazing, listen to his sermons online via fccoxnard.org)  I never see them, but just so happens they visited the church last Sunday night and then hung out with my neighbors Kat and Chet, so we saw them when we were out in our front yard measuring and arguing and daydreaming about landscaping scenarios.  

My point is I bet if you went to Masters and you blog, you could somehow connect to someone mentioned in Sam's blog or someone that's commented on her blog within the last 30 days.  I'm just saying, if you have extra time on your hands, or like me need a quick escape from talk of gas prices and your middle child's temperament issues, then well... have at it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahahahah! you're so funny.

my connection to the Anderson's started before AJ & Roxy...I was Brittany's RA in college...we had good good times....and Kat (of Kat & Chet) lived in my dorm when I was an RD (she gave me coolest picture ever...I had it on my door for a loooong time).

ANYwhoooo....it's a small world and I'm glad you enjoy my little corner of it (OUR little corner of it).

Now, did you need an AC guy? cuz I'm sure I know someone.