Monday, July 14, 2008

I'll Keep it Short





I'll try not to bore you and I'll keep it short and share some cool things going on right now:

1.  Every day stuff: Lorelei's taking swimming lessons, and our garden is growing like crazy.  It's so fun to have veggies pulled right out of your own back yard.  I take NO credit for this, Dan's done it all, he's the man (at least that's what's he's always telling me).

2. Stuff I'm learning: I read a little pamphlet, essay type thing that's awesome, called Tyranny of the Urgent.  Here's a quote, "The worst sin is prayerlessness.  We usually think of murder, adultery or theft among the worst.  But the root of all sin is self-sufficiency- independence from God."  Whew, hard for someone who considers themselves a "self-sufficient" person to hear, but such a good reminder.  It's a quick read about priorities, everyone should check it out!

3. Weekend Events: Went to Valencia overnight this weekend and got to take the kids swimming at the Hyatt, and my beloved sister took them overnight for us at her apartment while Dan and I went to Tricia Scheffer's wedding.  Tricia was one of my bridesmaids in my wedding almost 11 & a half years ago, so I was so happy to share in her big day now and see my old wing mates, Sandra Bonecutter and Sandhya Ayres.  




2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Tricia looks amazing. Ok, I'll admit I was hoping she'd have her short hair (like at your wedding about a bazillion years ago), because I really really really liked her short hair. However, I'm digging the long hair. Props to Dan for the green thumb. He is the man.

The Parsons' blog said...

Good to see you Hotchkiss Upper Back girls at the wedding...too bad Kristy couldn't make it. Sean enjoyed talking to your husband too.