Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer in Somis




Summer days:
I'm finding that the key for a stay at home mom during the summer is lots of trips to the park and to the beach.... This year we've gone to the beach a lot because I've finally got 4 kids that can walk on their own, no strollers to be lugged across the sand, or bottles of milk to try to keep cold, just caprisuns, PB & Js, and a bag of oreos, and we're good to go.

And in the evenings, for the first time in my mommyhood, I'm letting them stay up "late" and trying to relax about the "schedule," it's actually pretty fun, the girls are having a blast, and it didn't take them long to figure out what the ice cream truck is all about.

Summer in Somis is simple, low-key, and I'm likin' it.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

summer in somis looks like some serious fun to me. i like that your girls can be barefoot in the street, purchasing ice cream in the cool evenings. if i tried that here, my kids would be in the ER with 3rd degree burns on their feet.

but its not like i'm jealous or anything... :)

Beth said...

Yay! Sounds like fun...for all of you. Let me know when you venture to the beach and we'll join you!

Unknown said...

sounds divine :-)