Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Latest

In case you feel like you live really far away, and you don't get to know the kids as well as you'd like to, let me give you the latest on the four girls.

First of all we have our oldest, our little first grader. Lorelei recently asked, "Do you have to practice drawing a lot to be the President?"
Ummm, what do you mean exactly?
Because they have to be really good artists, right?
Ummm, not necessarily, why would they need to be good artists?
You know, so they can draw all the dollars for us.

So apparently those are her thoughts on Obama.... I'm guessing they haven't really covered U.S. History yet this year.

Then there's Noelle. Her favorite thing to do these days is complain about the temperature in the van and see how long it takes before mom gives in and adjusts the air for her. I'd like to tell you this is a charming habit, I really would.

As for Maylin, she likes to insist we play the same CD in the car at all times, preferably at full volume. I don't know much about birth order, but I'm wondering if middle children are more demanding than the others.

Then there's Morgan, she had her first "share" day today in preschool. She had to share something red. She took Elmo. I'm guessing it went well, but I guess I'll never really know, since I wasn't there and all. I've also started to notice that she talks to herself frequently throughout the day. Today as she was spreading some processed cheese onto a cracker while Lorelei took her gymnastics class, she was saying quietly, "spread, spread, spread, spread...."

Then there's Dan & I. We went to a bible study tonight that's showing a DVD series on parenting by Tedd Tripp. We figured since the kids are talking to themselves, making constant demands in the car, and our oldest daughter thinks that drawing is the most important skill a politician should possess, maybe we ought to re-evaluate how things are going.

We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I look forward to this........you are truly gifted

Edwards Family said...

Love it. i laughed out loud. It somehow made Avila dipping her bagel in the dogs water and eating it this morning seem normal. What would Ted Tripp say..........?