Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Woman With Priorities

To Do List:

1. Beg mom to sew costumes for kids for upcoming Halloween.
2. Catch up on the multiple shows I've been recording via my DVR.
3. Figure out where I can get store bought goods that look baked for bible study tomorrow.
4. Teach my kids how to grade high school essays. (Just mark with red every 4 or 5 lines, you may get lucky).
5. Find time to go grocery shopping since the pantry currently only holds refried beans and
some expired chicken broth.
6. Consider that the holidays are steadily approaching, and take a few minutes to feel overwhelmed.
7. Seriously, catch up on those TV shows, this is Oprah's last season.
8. Take pictures so that the next time you blog, you have evidence you have children.
9. Bring the grass back to life again, so that the neighbors don't resent us.
10. And lastly, come up with something to blog about that's more interesting than your life, which currently consists of driving kids places, grading papers, heating up frozen pizza, and not watching enough television.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

seriously so glad we are friends.

maybe i'll even bake something for you to take to bible study... if you'll come over and watch tv with me. :)

Unknown said...

This sounds suspiciously like my life, if you take out grading and teaching high schoolers and put in homeschooling. My parents visited over the weekend and I was embarassed at how poorly I fed them.

Darla said...

Oh girls....it's a season. Why do you think I've gone up and down the same 15 pounds?? KIDS!!! It's all their fault!!.....Fishie crackers, junk Mac and Cheese, frozen pizza's. Now? They're teens and almost 21 and in college and thinking about college, The dream I had of eating popcorn for dinner, suddenly feels very empty and alone.
Chris, I would LOVE to come over one day or eve and watch a bunch of Opera with you...
I love you . I've said it before, I love reading your blogs. This one reminds of the birthday card you made me....Top Ten Reasons I want to be Like Darla!! My pride has it posted on the white board right next to me so I can feel puffed up when my KIDS don't appreciate me :)