Tuesday, February 8, 2011

That Seacrest, He Kills Me...

So I haven't been watching Idol religiously this season, because let's face it, it's just not entirely the same. It's not the judges so much as the idea that the show has somewhat run it's course. Nevertheless, I happened to catch an episode the other day that had a quality moment in it.

A contestant came forward to audition, and his name was John Wayne Schulz. He was a genuine cowboy, rancher type, 6th generation farmer from Texas.

Ryan Seacrest went to interview his parents, 2 older all-American looking farmers. He asked, "So what made you decide to name your son after John Wayne?"

The wife replied, "My husband wanted a really tough, strong type of son."

Ryan looked at the father, "Boy it would have sucked if you'd had me."

The old man looked at Ryan and replied, "You wouldn't be the way you are if you'da been my son."

Comedy at Ryan Seacrest's expense, now that's good stuff.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA

SomisSurferGirl said...

that is AWESOME. I am going to tell Chet to read this....bahahhahahahhaha!

Unknown said...

Yup, that WAS awesome!! He was so quick with it too:)

AmyLeite said...

I agree and then it was fun to see the two of them sparring. Christina, I didn't think I'd like this season either but the new judges are growing on me and there is some great talent from some young folks (and some touching stories)! We've watched every episode.