Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Check List

Perhaps there was a time in my life when I thought Valentines Day meant romantic dinners at fancy restaurants, roses, and chocolates. But now as a mother of 4, let me go over the checklist I had this morning:

1. Valentine's themed plates & napkins for Lorelei's class - check
2. 25 v - day cards for Lorelei's class, signed & sealed w/ heart shaped lollipops - check
3. grapes for the twin's class party - check
4. 16 valentines signed from Noelle - check
5. 16 valentines signed from Maylin - check
6. fruit punch for Morgan's class party - check
7. free dress day - all 4 girls dressed in some sort of heart/pink/red apparell - check
8. 8 v - day cards signed from Morgan for her class - check
9. Am I wearing my teacher red cardigan to teach in today with my heart shaped
earrings I wear once a year? Check....ready to teach at 11 - check....

Walking onto the school campus today, we looked like we were lugging enough bags for a 3 week trip to Bermuda, so romantic dinner tonight? Yeah right. We've spent so much time on Valentine's day cards, we haven't had time to go grocery shopping. I'm a mom with priorities and candy hearts and pink t shirts trump the 4 food groups and a clean kitchen. My feet may currently be sticking to the tiles on my floor, but my children are ridiculously happy and they will be sharing their conversation hearts with me tonight whether they like it or not! On that note, Happy Valentine's Day people! May your day be filled with sugar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're my hero! Hope you get to sit down for a few minutes before you start teaching!