Saturday, June 14, 2008

New Kids on the Block?

It's Saturday morning, Dan just took his truck to help someone move, and the girls are in their room playing barbies and putting on bathing suits so we can go to the beach later this afternoon. It's all June gloomy outside, so I poured myself a cup of coffee, and flipped on the T.V. 

Now I feel confused.  

There was a music video playing on VH1 and I was about to flip the channel, when I stopped and had to do a double take.  Was that Jordan Knight?  Wait, is that little Joey singing to a bikini clad beauty about summetime?   Wait, don't tell me.... yep, that's Donnie Wahlberg.  Oh my word.

New Kids on the Block have reunited and released a new album.

I loved them in 6th grade, and just so you all know that was in 1988, TWENTY years ago.  I really believed then, that if I met Joey, he would love me, and put me in his videos.

So the question is this, what do I do now?  How much time does it take to get a "I had four kids in four years stomach" back to music video bikini babe material?  I mean, I think this could be my second chance.  Hmm, I think I'll go have a pop tart, and reflect on all of this....

5 comments:

SomisSurferGirl said...

Chris, you rock. And you make me laugh. I miss you and it's only my first day away.

Jen said...

I can confirm the NKOTB obsession as I was hanging out with a younger, more floral-y Christina back in the day (20 years ago? I refuse to believe it). I believe you had all the posters except John - the ugly one who looks like a pterodactyl. At least you're not a Donnie fan - he's got no hair now.

Jen said...

Ok... how bizarre is this: I was so thrown by the NKOTB revival that I flipped on VH-1 (because MTV never plays videos) after I read your post. Of course they were playing the new NKOTB video. WHAT!!! Those guys look like the years haven't been kind to all of them. Oh, and I realized while watching that it's Danny that looks like a pterodactyl, not John. (I also noticed that they're still putting John and Danny in the back row for the dance routines)

stephanie said...

you are awesome! i love it!!!

Edwards Family said...

I have to see this video! I will have to DVR VH1 videos so that I can see it. That is hilarious. I loved them too!