Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Currently I must confess I feel anxiety about a few things:
     
1. Last week it was painful for me to help Lorelei memorize her number flashcards 1 through 10, she can count, but I didn't realize she wasn't visually able to say which # was which.  Finally, by Friday she had it.  I felt relieved and victorious.  Today, she came home with numbers 11 thru 20.  Really?  I mean how important are numbers beyond 10 anyway?

2. Maisy didn't look too good tonight which means she may be getting sick, which translates possible family epidemic by week's end.

3. Morgan learned to say the word No today.  At first it was cute, she was in the cart at Target, saying no, no, no, no, no.... and then suddenly it wasn't that cute anymore.

4. I have to re-read chapters 4-8 of The Scarlett Letter tonight for my class tomorrow.  Truthfully, I didn't like it much the first two times I read it, so should be thrilling this time around.  

5. Close friends and family members of mine are experiencing a variety of struggles right now, the combination of which lays heavy on my heart.  

6. I know that the God's word rings true, that we are to be anxious for nothing!  Truthfully, I actually have anxiety over the fact that I have anxiety because I know that means that I'm not giving all of my cares over to the Lord, that I'm hyper-focusing on earthly things and not the things of Christ! 

7. Also I honestly have anxiety over the fact that the majority of the things in my life I feel stressed about are so small and so petty.  I feel guilty over even being stressed, that guilt leads to anxiety.  Are you sorry you tuned in to my blog today or what?

Okay, so in all seriousness, I'm a little mental because I tend to overthink things.  I have been transitioning into a new routine this fall, and it's been pretty rigorous and hectic, but really I have nothing to complain about! (I mean besides the economy and the dead grass in my yard)

I just felt like venting, now I feel better.  Oh and by the way funny story, I made like 20 people hate my guts last Friday when I went to fill up my gas tank and pulled in on the wrong side, thinking I could pull the lever thing around the back of my van, and then when I couldn't I had already paid and so a guy held my gas pump thing and waited for me to try and turn around and people were so raging angry with me, they were yelling at me, and I almost cried.  Maybe they all just needed to vent to.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can completely relate. Yesterday was a really bad day for me with anxiety, and the news all day did not help.

Knowing that God has ordained all this puts it in a different perspective.

Unknown said...

awwww, Christina...this post makes me want to give you a hug. I did laugh though, cuz you're presentation of real life is refreshing..#6 was pretty awesome...having anxiety over having anxiety.

Deep breaths...lots of them...walk outside and look up into the vast sky every now and then...coupled with the deep breath...that's what i do sometimes...it helps me. My thoughts tend to wander through history and through the vastness of God's presence and His oversight over those thousands of years and millions of people...knowing that my life is just a tiny speck on the landscape of God's economy (and yet, being totally known by Him) helps me realize that it all has it's place and from God's perspective my life is already finished. I get to just live through the scenes. This may not be translating well from my mind to the comment section....I guess I just mean that the look up and the deep breath help me remember the ecclesiastical root...vanity vanity, all is vanity and that the whole duty of man is to fear God and keep His commandments.
sigh...deep breath...
:)
feel free to delete that comment
:)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, we are SO MUCH alike...anxiety over anxiety, that's me.

Edwards Family said...

Loved the gas tank story. I'm sorry that your sad day gave me a huge laugh. Thank you, I needed that today!