Thursday, September 4, 2008

One To Go...




So this morning, I find myself in a quiet and clean house, and I am so overwhelmed by such a myriad of emotions that I could seriously cry. Lorelei is in kindergarten and today is the first day of preschool for the twins. They'll just be going on Tuesdays & Thursdays. I posted a pic of Morgan above experiencing the unknown joy of playing with toys by herself! I thought she'd miss the others, but she seems pretty darn happy to me. Anyway, the girls did great, they were eager to begin, and didn't even flinch about me leaving them in a new place.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try and enjoy this brief respite, because next week I too go back to school, teaching that is, and so I'll actually be working on the Tues. & Thurs. mornings the girls are all in school. I'm slightly terrified because I'm going to teach 5 different classes this year, and so I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. When I said I feel a myriad of emotions going on, I'm not exaggerating;
1. I feel relief every time I somehow manage to get them dressed, fed, and out the door by 8:05 to take Lorelei to school.
2. I feel dread when I think about grading essays again.
3. I feel excited about the actual teaching kids part.
4. I feel happy for the girls when they bring home their artwork and letters.
5. I feel anxious for Lorelei who is so quiet that I don't think she has spoken to anyone in her class yet and today is her 7th day.
6. I feel grateful that they're gone for a little while.
7. I feel guilty that I feel grateful that they're gone!
8. I feel like I'm boring you and need to get to work!

In gist, all is well, the girls all healthy and happy, and hopefully by God's grace we'll continue to transition well throughout this month.

P.S.
Sarah Palin just had a kid in April and is running for Vice President of the United States. Do I honestly think I'm busy? Puleaase...

3 comments:

Sandhya said...

Hey Chris-
Can't believe you actually have three of the four off to school! I"m glad to hear that Morgan is enjoying her solitude. Yesterday Kyler asked me every 20 minutes if it was time to pick up Braden from his first day of school...it was miserable for him and me! Enjoy your week before you start teaching again!

Unknown said...

awesome and HU-larious post!
amd FIVE ??? classes?
whoa.

I know this sounds bad, but 'when you have time' you should join facebook...you'd dig it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you're a total slacker compared to that lady. Me too.

And you should join facebook! NOW!