Monday, August 25, 2008

Here We Go...


























First of all, let's talk about hard work! Dan is remodeling the front of our house all by himself, and it is not easy, especially with four darling distractions and a nagging wife obsessed with deadlines! I Technically, I will begin teaching classes from my home on Sept. 11th. About 20 moms I have never met will be bringing their teenagers to my house for the first time, and look at what they will be walking up to! EEK. Okay, here's the deal. First we added the porch, you can see where it stopped before because of the line in the cement. Then Dan built and primed that awesome pergola (with a little help from Chet across the street, thanks neighbor), then he added the steps, and now he's trying to puzzle piece together this gigantic stone and cement it in across the porch, then we get to re-stucco, paint, and landscape, and when I say "we," I mean Dan gets to do all that stuff.

So hey, here I am just admitting to you all that this is it, this is my life right now, and frankly it looks like a mess, and at this rate, it may look like this for many many months to come because that's how it goes. But that's okay, because I'm grateful he's doing it, and I know that someday it's going to look awesome (note: Check out the beautiful door he built by himself for example by splitting our old door in half and refacing it.) And besides all that I went to a women's devotional thing at our church on Friday night & it was on contentment- wow! Convicting.
So yeah, that's my front yard people, and I'm content with it.

Last, but not least, Lorelei started her first day of school today! She is officially in kindergarten now at a neat little Christian school in town, I'm so excited for her. I didn't cry, but Noelle did when we left her. I'm not sure if she wanted to go with her, or if she was just sad we were leaving her. I only know that she has a very loud, very shrill cry, so that made for a long ride home. Anyway, we're excited for the year ahead.

8 comments:

Sandhya said...

Wow...I am very impressed with Dan and all of this work around the house! Can't wait to see the finished product! Also, I love your new blog colors and picture - very nice!

stephanie said...

the front door is very cool. and looking at the pictures reminded me of "sandin' the nubbins," which the guys said over... and over... and over again when we lived out there and you guys were remodeling inside. you are a trooper. :)

Unknown said...

nice door!

Coleson & Tate said...

Isnt it such a blessing to have a hard working-and handyman!-husband!! I love it! Yes, it makes for long weeks/months when the house is all over the place but in the end it's so worth it! We remodeled (when I say we I mean TERRY!) the whole house while I was pregnant with Coleson...yes, it was fantastic being in anf out of our parents homes through the winter and making potty stops at the near by target--often!
I am certainly enjoying my bamboo floors, granite countertops, new maple cabinets,etc. now though! :)

Happy first day of school!

Oh and LOVE the door!

Jen said...

I can't believe Lorelei is in kindergarten now - is it weird that that makes me a little sad? Anyway, congrats on making it through the first day with only Noelle crying. AND way to go Dan for tackling such a huge project. I'm beyond impressed by the door. Maybe he can come help Neil with our next project!!

Anonymous said...

Looking at the pics reminds me of my life! Isaac has been building our house for the last 1.5 years and we're living in a 1 bedroom...ahhh! My mantra has become: "It will be worth it in the end, it will be worth it in the end, it will be worth it in the end...(Right?)" So cool that our hubbies can do this for us.

Anonymous said...

OK. How did you get your borders so cute?!!

Little Lesiw said...

What up roomie?! Not only were we room-mates, but I believe we both slept in a twin bed together... and woke up to gunshots one night. Ah yes... gotta love The Bible Tabernacle and Missions Conference.

Anyway, I'm glad you left a comment on my blog because I've been secretly stalking yours for quite some time. I finally feel like I can come 'clean' with it all.

As for the stuff I make/sell/peddle/give away/barter, I have a lame 'temporary' website that is too embarassing to give the address out (I put NO effort into it). I've been working on my 'real' website for over 5 months.. actually, I haven't been working on it, but that's how long I've been procrastinating. Anyway, I just had a couple of photoshoots and I'm waiting on some photos, and then things will be up and running.

Give me your address.. and I'll send you a sample. Are you on facebook?

-Rachel