Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Haps




So basically, just doing the summer thing these days, a few birthday parties here and there.  (There's Denny getting older and his 2 kiddos), a few photo shoot moments where I realize I haven't been taking enough pictures of the kids, so I try and be a photographer and realize I'm not.
And then of course we have a picture here of my girls and various other children singing at the Vacation Bible School program, which we did all last week with my church. Somehow I ended up being the group leader for the 3 to 5 year olds.  I thought that since my own kids would be in that group, I could manage it since I'm used to this age range these days.  The reality is this; I do not know what to do with small children!  Everyone thinks I'm trying to be funny, but no, seriously they were hugging on me and hanging on me and telling me they were going to puke and that they needed help in the potty, and I was like, NOOOOOO.  I can't handle this!  So it was a good lesson learned.  Next year if I help again, I'm sticking to the big kids.  We all have different gifts, and I really, really appreciate and admire all the kindergarten and preschool teachers in the world.  They are amazing people, and I probably have nothing in common with them, because they must be so nurturing and so different from me in order to enjoy their jobs.

So yeah, we're just hanging around this week and recovering from last week's VBS adventures.

One funny thing though, Dan was telling me something the other day and he used the word "colloquial" and me being the obnoxious English teacher that I am, said,"that's not what the word colloquial means... and without missing a beat, he said, "Hey, it's a post-modern world we live in I can make it mean whatever I want it to mean."  

I thought that was funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah! I love that you have 4 kids and still don't know what to do with small children.
AND, that you and Dan have the kind of conversational moments that I absolutley love!

AND, thanx for reading my blog...it's always fun to get your comments and then re-read the post from your perspective! hahaha

Sybrand and Beth de Swardt said...

I'm laughing thinking of you with all those little kids.....

Hugheys said...

Christina,
You don't realize it yet, but you're living your "glory days". You're a great mom, better than me where the hugging and kissing comes naturally, no big deal. You are lovingly and willfully obeying the Lord and that brings Him glory! Feel His pleasure! You are loved and missed. Carol H