Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Weekend Away



Okay, so the pix are all messed up because I forgot my camera, so these are pix emailed to me from Jen, and I don't know how to make them bigger and not all blurryish. Oh well, basically, here's the lowdown.

I grew up with Jen Oswald (formerly Mantuano) and the 2 of us were best friends forever since like 6th grade. So she had her 1st baby when I had my 4th in June of last year. Her hubby is one of those hero types, a helicopter pilot in Iraq right now so to help her pass the time, Bethie, Lorelei, Morgan, and I went to visit Jen and baby Liam in lovely San Diego for the weekend. We left the twinsies with Dan. He took them to the fair here and got to bond with just the 2 of them while we were away.

We, meanwhile, had so much fun! We shopped, went to the zoo for Lorelei, swam in Jen's pool, and Sunday did some tourist gazing in beautiful Coronado. I loved it, loved it all. First of all I felt really relaxed because I only had 2 kids and because I wasn't worried about the other 2 because I knew they were home with Dan. Secondly, I had sort of wondered what if Jen & I would have enough to talk about for a whole entire weekend, but it was just like old times! Some friends are just so easy and natural to be with, what a blessing! See the Oswald family blog for more info. on Jen. Here are my five favorite things about this weekend:

1. The kids: Mine were great, Lorelei loved the pool the mostest, and Liam was a doll.
He barely made a peep the whole time we were there. He was a thoughtful observer type, and so we loved him.

2. Baked French Toast: Jen made the most unbelievable soak overnight baked french toast I've ever had. I seriously loved it so much I DREAMT about it. No, really I did.

3. Jens Generosity: She was a ridiculously generous hostess, she kept paying for stuff against my will, and she bought stuffed animals at the zoo for all of my kids, and they've been playing with them all week.

4. Hangin' with my sister. Beth drove for me, changed Morgan's diapers for me, pushed the double stroller up hills for me, and was totally fun to talk with for the 3 hours up and the 3 hours back. She and I listened to an amazing John Piper CD on the way back.

5. A Change of Scenery: Sometimes it's just nice to get away.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome! I'm so glad for you! The change of scenery really can be so refreshing!

Jen said...

That pic of you & both girls is my favorite from the whole weekend. Thanks for visiting us - our doors are always open for you guys. Just make sure to NOT drive to Mexico on your way here...

Elisha said...

Sounds like you had a refreshing weekend. Although, we missed you. Evelyn even wore her cute Gymboree outfit to church on Sunday (she was showing off) :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina!! It was so good to hear from you. Sandhya always keeps my updated, but it'll be nice to connect with you directly. I love all the pics of your beautiful family. Who knew you could push 4 kids out of that tiny body? You look exactly the same...which is to say Gorgeous!! I'll look forward to keeping in touch.