Monday, August 18, 2008

The Twins Turn 3 (Early)!















Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays - They come in pairs around here. Morgan and Lorelei were both born in June, and of course my twins were both born within 60 seconds of each other on August 21st of '05. As it turns out when I was pregnant with the twins, about 9 other people at my church were pregnant too. We have more 3 year olds at FCC than any other children's age group! Tabitha Saruwatari is one of those little cuties and last week we went to her bday party, ballerina style! Fellow moms, if you have a daughter, this was the cutest party! Her mom made tutus for all the girls to wear as their party favor (so much more fun than a gift bag), and then a young teenager from our church that dances came and taught them all stretches and ballet poses and read them an Angelina Ballerina story, it was all so cute. Lorelei especially loved it, so I think her age group (5) would do great with it.

Meanwhile, my twins, are turning 3 on Thursday, but we went to Visalia & celebrated early. We gave them all of these fabulous gifts, and they were most excited about their new princess cups, which was kind of funny to me. Anyway, it was all good and fun. They went swimming, ate junk food, and got new baby dolls that sneeze when you press their noses.

The funny thing about it all is this; when they were born and I was borderline catatonic with sleep deprivation, I just kept thinking, if I can make it till they're three, it'll all be okay. How could I have known then that as they would be turning 3, I'd have a 1 year old that would be walking and stumbling around at their feet?! But I'm so grateful for each of them, even though the car ride over was so miserable, they were all whining and crying and fighting, and at one point Noelle unbuckled so I had to climb over to the back of the van and the seat belt got stuck and I was struggling with it, and Dan's like lecturing the girls about whining and he's grumbling because our brakes are squeaking and we just got them fixed, and I'm so frustrated trying to fix the seat belt that I just started half laughing, half crying because he and I were both so mad that it was comical. I'm really glad he's in on those whole parenting thing with me, because I would have gone nuts by now without having him to laugh with about the whole thing.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahah...I'm so glad you have each other too! You're a great team. I want to make it a goal to come visit (amaybe Jennene and come too) by sept 2009. I think that gives enough time to work a plan out?!?!? :)

stephanie said...

happy birthday to the twins! i love those cute pictures. and i love the honesty of coping through parenting... with sleep deprivation, whining children, squeaky brakes. i feel much more normal every time i read your blog!

and i am due one month from today. yay!!!

Ashley Kostjuk said...

christina, you still have to be one of the funniest girls i know. i do miss you - you make me laugh everytime i read your blog. bringing me back to the dorm days as we would all sit and talk and you would have your stories about Dan or whatever else was on your mind. i think you and sandhya need to come visit with the kids so we can all play. i would love it. i miss you - so glad for the internet so we can see in the leaman world!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to the twins! And I can so relate to your last few paragraphs...

Jen said...

I love your new blog background - so cute. Glad the girls got the flowers & balloons. Sometimes girls just need flowers & balloons. By the way - I like the picture of Maisy pouting.