Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bring on the Harvest Festivities!












First of all I wanted to mention that I've noticed other mom-bloggers write down the little funny things their kids say, and I always forget to do that even in their baby books and stuff. But yesterday, I was changing Morgan's diaper, and Noelle randomly says, "When I grow up, I'm going to have 3 kids and a bald baby named Goliath."
My response, "Oh really, is the baby going to be cute?"
"yeah, and bald." Okay, so we've established the bald thing. (Interestingly enough, Noelle was my only bald baby). Anyway, I thought it was cute. I'm looking forward to a grandbaby named Goliath. Maybe she'll name his sisters Delilah and Jezebel.

So meanwhile, been insanely busy and crazy around here. My classes are turning out to require more time & effort than I had anticipated (live & learn). So first of all props to my hero hubby who has been doing a lot with the kids lately to help me. Secondly, shout out to Bethie who watched them for us the other day so we could go out. She's the bestest. (She also glittered up the sugar pumpkins in the pic. above Martha Stewart style, cute huh, those are real pumpkins) We saw Body of Lies that night, and it was really good (sensitive to cussing and torture scenes, don't go, I just closed my eyes). As far as festivities go here's the lowdown:
1. Preschool Silly hat parade (their alternative to Halloween)
2. Carving pumpkins with Denny and his kiddos.
3. Pumpkin cookie decorating play date with the church at Beth Catalde's house
4. For the 3rd year in a row, for Halloween (Reformation Day I mean), my cousin Eliza and her husband & kids came over for dinner and we went around trick or treating and got the kids all sugared up. It was pretty fun. We were supposed to go and be the face painters today at our church Harvest festival, but looks like we're rained out this year!

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

Cute. I love the glittered pumpkins!