Friday, November 21, 2008

I Smell Turkey


























Okay, first of all up above, that's Beau, his dad Uncle Tim (Dan's oldest brother) and Dan of course at Beau's last football game. He played for Azusa and is getting married in January, we can't wait! Meanwhile, there's a quick shot of Ruby Stimer and the twins playing from Wednesday, and most importantly, some of the cookies I slaved over for Lorelei's "Thanksgiving Feast" in kindergarten. So I thought I was really clever, choosing this recipe because you can get the pre-made pilsbury sugar cookies and just decorate, how hard could that be? turns out, it was harder than it looked. I thought a lot of them sort of resembled orange frogs more than turkeys. Oh well, I tried. And there's an assortment of the fall crafts my kids did. My friend gave me the idea of taking pictures of the kids' crafts and keeping the pix rather than storing piles of artwork for years. I was very on board with that since I figure this is just the beginning for me, I still have 3 more kids to do the kindergarten thing yet. I also loved the little toilet paper roll corn someone in her class passed out, they filled the roll with candy, wrapped it with shredded yellow tissue paper to look like corn then twisted on green tissue paper to look like husks - adorable!

1 comment:

Leo and Kim said...

I can't believe that is Beau. I was his coach at an NBC basketball camp a long time ago back in '97 I think. He was just a little guy back then. I'm impressed with the turkey cookies...way to go!