Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankee, Thankee






So last week was a great break for me, I only had to teach on Tuesday, because obviously my Thursday classes coincided with Thanksgiving. This left us available to go to Visalia from Tues. night to Friday night, and come back in time to decorate the house for Christmas and go to church on Sunday. So here's some trip highlights, things I'm thankful for:

1. The kids were actually pretty well behaved. They've been kind of um, how shall I say? Terrible lately, a lot of whining and bickering, but I don't know if it was just being in a different environment (my parent's house), but they were actually better than usual, shwew.

2. They got to see both of their great grandmothers! My Grandma Elizabeth just turned 90, hello, and My Grandma Mita is 77, you know the same age as Regis.

3. They got to pick walnuts, persimmons, and tangerines in my Grandma's orchard, how organic are we?

4. Dan & I got to go to the movies with Bethie while my parents watched the kids. We saw Australia, loved it. The adorable little boy in the movie totally resembles Sandhya's equally adorable little boy, Braden, and Hugh Jackman was a major babe, now Dan keeps saying things like, my back muscles look just like that guy in the movies do, don't they? Umm, yeah, just like em.

5. It's not even 9am and all the beds in my house are made! That never happens, so I'm taking it as a sign, this is going to be a good day.

6. OH, and really amazing, one of my uncles announced at the Thanksgiving dinner that he has become a Christian. He's been diagnosed with cancer, and he said it made him realize the one true important thing. What a reminder for all of us not to give up praying for our unsaved relatives. So here's some pix:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

woo hoo to uncle for becoming a Christian 9well, to God for saving him! ) :). That's awesome!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Happy holidays to the Leamans!

Sandhya said...

So exciting to hear about your uncle! And how great is it that the kids get to spend time with TWO great grandmas??? What a gift! Glad to hear that all was well in Visalia with the family. Can't wait to now watch this movie and see who this little boy is :)

Kristin said...

Is Janet drinking wine? Sure looks like it!