Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On the 9th Day of Christmas...











Dec. 1st - birthday party for Doug Soleida: Kat's parents just moved to town about a month or so ago, and she had a little welcome bday party at Andria's fish & chips by the Harbor, we had a babysitter - good times.

Dec. 2nd - taught Tuesday classes.

Dec. 3rd - went Christmas shopping instead of wisely preparing for Thursday, then spent evening frantically getting ready for Thursday. Made sugar cookie dough.

Dec. 4th - taught classes, baked & decorated cookies and cake for birthday party for Jesus.

Dec. 5th - took Lor to school in shirt which was wrongside out, see last post, had bday party for Jesus at my house, 22 toddlers, 10 moms, actually was fun, went out Friday night to Chinese food with Morgan & Dan, had sitter for the other 3 girls.

Dec. 6th - went to Cortney's church's Women's Christmas Tea, Marlene Felix was the speaker, Cortney sang, and she was amazing (and she had on the sweetest pair of black boots) highlight: I was starstruck, saw U.S. Olympic medalist Allyson Felix at the tea (because she was the special speaker's daughter) *note too chicken & too lame to get autograph or picture because I felt like a dork just like when I was in the 6th grade at a Martika concert and she held her hand out to me and I was too embarrased to take it becuz I was trying to be cool. Apparently I am a slow learner, but at least Dan need not worry should I ever meet one of the multiple celebrities I have a crush on, I will likely run the other way. Oh, and Sat. night, went to refurbished Thousand Oaks mall, bought more Christmas stuff, started to feel tired, but the kids talked to Santa and got free reindeer ears, made it worth it (though Dan said Santa had the personality of a wall)

Dec. 7th - church, wrapped gifts, felt more tired, but got some grading done

Dec. 8th - went to Camarillo outlets, leisurely looked thru like 5 stores with kids (brainstorming what to get my picky siblings) loaded kids in van, realized had dropped keys somewhere, had to retrace steps, go back through each store to find them, felt tired, but still had time before I had to pick up Lor. went to get a frame at Aaron Brothers, went to get boxes at Target, went home, realized I had left picture I took to get a frame for at Aaron Brothers. Mon. night still had to go to Costco because apparently children need food at least 3 times a day to exist. Oh yeah, then I graded.

Dec. 9th - taught classes, came home, frosted cookies with Katfor tonight's bible study she hosted, could not attend because Lorelei had Christmas program tonight. Went to program, beamed shamelessly with husband videotaping beside me.

Current status: blogging, tired, but happy, no more work for me until January, as of tomorrow, I'm taking a break, and who knows? Maybe I'll just take a few moments to sit still and watch a Charlie Brown Christmas special with my kiddos. That sounds fun.

1 comment:

Sandhya said...

First of all, I'm impressed that you remember all the details of each day because I have a hard time remembering what I just did yesterday! Second of all, your life seems so overwhelmingly busy! I can't believe that you are able to do all that stuff with four kids! Kuddos to you, Chris! Just think, in 15 years Target just won't be as exciting when you are liesurly shopping by yourself...