Monday, December 22, 2008

Fa La La La Lots of Activity




What? Are you actually stopping to take a minute to read my blog? I feel privileged! Shouldn't you be wrapping something about now? I, myself, am in a bit of a fog. A week ago we had a great Saturday night with the Stimers and our kids exchanged gifts, and I started to feel a little sickie-wickie, but I was in denial because seriously who has time to be sick? And we were having so much fun. So by Tuesday I was really feeling it, but I was trying to continue on in my daily craziness, you know, make bags of candy for Lorelei's class, pick up a few last minute gifts, etc. And then Dan surprised me.

Being the sweet, gracious woman that I am, I had said to him about a month ago, that I was probably going to be the only person left in Ventura county that hadn't gone to LA to see the show, Wicked, a musical that's been playing almost 2 years out here now, and that if I didn't get to see it before it leaves in January, I would probably become really bitter and never forgive him for not taking me. Needless to say, I still didn't actually expect to see it, but Dan had gotten us tickets for Wednesday night. I was thrilled and grateful (and admittedly undeserving). The only bummer was I was feeling super yucky. But luckily enough, I didn't cough or anything during the show and I loved it. So thanks Dan, for taking me, even though I'm not worthy. He's going to get so many jewels on his crown in heaven. Anyway, I took a pic of our PERFECT babysitters, Jessica & Bobbi Rose. They're the best, they even brought the girls gifts that night. I forgot my camera when we went to the show, so lame, I have only cell phone pix. Also here's a pic of all the gifts the girls "got us" in their various classes. Very sweet, but seriously am I supposed to hold on to all of that stuff? A person can be only so sentimental when they have a teeny tiny house with 6 people living in it.

1 comment:

JillB said...

Hi cousin,
Liza mentioned you had a blog and I was trying to make sure I got the girl's names in correct order and spelling for a little genealogy project I'm doing (it will hopefully be at the cabin this summer). Anyway, I got sucked into your blog. Very enjoyable! Also, I just discovered a fellow House fan. I just discovered the show a few months ago with the marathons on USA and now I'm hooked :). Hope to get together again soon. Your girls are beautiful.
-Jill