Thursday, November 13, 2008

So I Watch Too Much TV

Shows I currently am obsessed with:

1. House: Yes, I've been a follower from the very 1st episode. This is my most fave show ever, besides The Gilmore Girls season 2 which remains first in my heart forever. House is a tough one to catch up on because it's in at least its 4th season, but lemme tell you reasons you should watch. The writing is amazing, and so witty. Hugh Laurie who plays Dr. House is such a miserable, complex character that I can't help but root for him. I want him to fall in love with his boss, Cutti and be happy, but then the show would be worthless and over (Think back to when Angela & Tony finally hooked up in Who's the Boss, it was lame after that). Another thing I love in the show is the "bromance" or friendship btwn House & Wilson (played by Robert Sean Leonard whom we all fell in love with the first time we watched Dead Poets Society when we were 13 ('89 baby, '89).

2. Life: Strangely, the lead in this show reminds me of House, but better looking - bonus! He's the guy from Band of Brothers. This show is just rilly, rilly, rilly good, and it makes laugh, and there's an ongoing mystery to solve in addition to the weekly mysteries. It's only just in the middle of season 2, and all of the episodes are on line via NBC, so when you have to take a sick day some day, watch it already. You'll love it.

3. Life on Mars: Okay, so I'm not obsessed with this one yet, but I'm interested enough to TiVo it and watch it with Dan each week. The guy's kinda cute and there's a lot of weird stuff going on that's kind of interesting, and Lisa Bonet was in the season premiere, come on, you know you still love her from her Denise Huxtable, I wear big sweaters days.

Shows I can miss, but when I catch them I like them.

1. Biggest Loser: Don't judge me, it's inspiring, and it makes me cry, and contemplate exercise. Bethie's in love with Bob the trainer. Then there's Jillian. She kind of scares me, but I like her.

2. Oprah: What? You think I don't know how annoying it is when she gets all preachy and self-righteous and starts telling you you need more "me-time" in your life (which is so not biblical people, think about it)? Look I know where she stands & that half the stuff that comes out of her mouth is mumbo jumbo, but seriously, there's nothing more fun than a make-over, there's nothing cuter than Nate Berkus, and everyone loves a good Gail story.

* Please note: I did not feel the need to bring up Regis and Kelly because I think we all should know by now that the first 15 minutes of the show (AKA host chat) are a daily ritual in my life that I LOVE. Kelly Ripa's adorable, love her self-deprecating humor, and Regis is 77 YEARS OLD, and still funny and relevant and occasionally sincere. I'll never forget the time he cried when his cat, Ashley died. It moved me.

So fellow bloggers, what are you all watching?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We watch the Office obsessively. It's a ritual.

Other than that, I sometimes catch an episode of House or Biggest Loser on Hulu. You completely captured my reasons for watching House in #1, including Dead Poets'...ah...the sweet sadness of Puck and his suicide...wait, am I thirteen again?

stephanie said...

wait? no more amazing race? we watched our first ever episode with you... ages and ages ago. every year i still size up the guys to determine who you might choose as your boyfriend for the season. :)

Jen said...

Is it weird that I have a little crush on Dr. House? It helps that I know he's British. Yes, I'm weird. Um...where is 30 Rock? I can't believe you got me hooked on 30 Rock and now you're not including it.
One day I'll get you hooked on Top Chef. One day...

SomisSurferGirl said...

Nice, I love it! You know what we watch because we have to come over to your house to watch it! Hahahaha