Monday, November 17, 2008

Trying to Get a Christmas Card Photo






Okay, so I need to be quick because I so should be grading essays right now, but I just had to comment on our Saturday adventure attempting to get a family photo for our Christmas cards this year. Most of you have kids and know how difficult it is to get all of them looking at the camera. My girls were NOT cooperative this weekend. One would look and smile, and then another would look away, and then another would do one of those weird, forced, fake smiles. What was funny was Dan & I thought to ourselves, "well at least the the ones just of us will turn out good because we can look at the camera." So we're looking at the pix afterwards and we look at each other with these sort of mutually pained expressions, and Dan says I guess we're not as good looking as we thought we were." Yeah, time to hit the gym and start researching age-reversing creams....

By the way, thank you to our amazing neighbors and photographers, Kat & Chet Hervey. Check out their website herveyphoto.com You guys are the bestest neighbors ever, we love you, and you can come watch our TV whenever you want to. Thanks for being patient with our stinkers on a very windy day.

Oh & one more thing, I started researching Christmas card companies. Last year our cards were amazing, done by kitenotes.com (Sandhya's sister's company). She also has done my baby announcements, etc, and I LOVE her stuff, however, this year we're simplifying things ($$$) and went with peartreegreetings.com. But if you want a fancy cool card I'd go with kitenotes.com or vistaprint or papergoods.
Above are some of the shots we're not using since we're going with a group shot vs. several individuals. And yeah, those are tutus they're wearing, that's why I have four daughters okay, I like pink.

7 comments:

SomisSurferGirl said...

Dude, I'm stoked on how those turned out. It's not us, it's those girls. Easy subjects to take photos of. It was the wind that I found myself fighting with that diffuser! It was fun watching Dan run in the ocean to rescue it! We had a blast doing those shots and would do it again a million times over. Oh, and I don't know what you are talking about--you two looked fantastic in your shots. Oh, well, I understand we are our own worst critics. Much love girl. MUCH LOVE.

Unknown said...

awesome!
and, keep in mind that photoshop can be the parent's friend for Christmas card pics :)

Unknown said...

I just choose to hide myself so I can blame the lack-of-good-picture on my children alone. I don't think you and Dan have anything to worry about though.

The Parsons' blog said...

Your girls are so stinking cute! And how great that you have neighbors with such talent, awesome. And I agree with the above comment, I'm pretty sure you don't need to be thinking about gyms :)

Colleen said...

these are such great pictures. It was so nice seeing you last weekend. I can't wait to see your little cuties in person next time. Oh, and thanks for the Christmas card ordering tips ;)

Leaman said...

Ahh, amazing!!! I have stared and stared. Tell Chet and Kat that we need some pic like that. Ok, but what am I soposto do, dress my boys in boxers??? I have been so nervous now about getting family pics done . . .I want STARBUCKS!!!

Mary said...

Christina-
Your girls are too cute! I love the idea of the tutus! Thanks for the great ordering ideas for cards. Both the websites have some really fun cards. You'll have to post one of your final cards on your blog. I'd love to see it.
Mary