Friday, March 20, 2009

What's a Blessing?


This morning I read the girls a bible story from The Big Picture Story Bible. We were reading about how God told Abraham he would bless them. I looked up and asked the girls if they knew what a blessing was? They didn't, so I said, it's when something good happens to you, like oh my goodness, I have a house, what a blessing. So Lorelei said, "Oh or like, oh my goodness, I have 4 kids, that's a blessing right?"

Can't argue with that one, can I?

These two bibles in this blurry photo have been my favorite children's bibles of the many dozens I've acquired over the past 6 years. Check 'em out. The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones and The Big Picture Storybook by David Helm. I think I've alluded to them before, but oh well, I'm getting older, I may start repeating myself more.

*Writers Note: For the sake of always presenting a clear picture of my life, I want you all to know, I rarely begin the day reading a bible story to the kids, it's just been as of late, now that I don't have to rush Lorelei to school in the mornings. In my imagined perfect family life, I would though.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

i LOVE your honesty.

keep it real, my dear friend...

Elisha said...

I love it!