Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TMC Reunion

There's me with Sandhya, Ashley, and Kristy
Tricia's beautiful lunch for us sans Tricia, my camera died before I
got a picture of her, but not before I got a picture of her ADORABLE baby Caleb!

This past weekend Dan watched the girls ALL BY HIMSELF for the FIRST TIME EVER overnight, for TWO nights in fact, so that I could go to Valencia and meet up with my former TMC wingmates and have a reunion of sorts to celebrate Tricia's new baby, Caleb, above. It was amazing to me that 12 years have passed since we were all living in the dorms together, and yet it was like we just picked up right where we left off, that's the beauty of true friendships, especially because we're united together in Christ. I was so encouraged to see that though there have been weddings, births, trials, and grief for each of my friends in the past decade, they've all been brought through each moment by God's grace. That underlying foundation was evident to me in each of their lives, and I'm so thankful for that.

I also realized, I'm definitely getting old, because after two very late nights (staying up talking), I was EXHAUSTED on Sunday night, and pretty much have been of no good use since then. I'm in a daze, I keep looking around thinking, "wow, I have a lot to do....."

Hopefully, I'll snap out of it soon, because if I don't they may decide to feature my house on the next episode of hoarders.

No comments: