Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July Gets Juicy

                                July's been a juicy month.... as in beach days & playing barbies!
                               (I just noticed that all the barbies were naked, we were about to get them
                                all ready for a ball.  We're not weird, I promise).

                         July also gave us some Juicy burgers.... just discovered Umami Burger restaurant                     
                        with these little ladies below.  We may look dainty, but we ate like a pack of
                         football players after a game.

                                    Oh & did I mention I got to go to Vegas? Without my kids!
                               Got a pedicure there, and saw Circue de Soleil's Beatles show with
                                our friends Heather & Jon.  We were celebrating Jon's 40th birthday -
                                     Oh yeah!  Watching acrobats and trapeze artists really adds to my
                               inferiority complex about my lack of coordination.  Those performers
                              were agile & amazing, whereas I often find myself tripping on my own
                               flip flops.

                          So yeah, this July I went from swanky dishes in Vegas to teaching VBS
                       classes Monday morning for church!  VEGAS TO VBS?
                                                 How's that for a transition?
                          Here's Noelle giving it a go in the sack race.  I had 34 6 & 7 year olds in my group
                       today, and suddenly, I was wishing I was poolside back in the desert again!



1 comment:

stephanie said...

umami = heaven

if umami burgers were required consumption, there would be no vegetarians.