Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some Summer Stuff

                                       This summer we've gotten to hit the beach with friends,
                                                     get our hair done and eat doughnuts!
                                     We've purchased fake glasses, because you know if you're
                                  9, you've gotta have a pair. 
                                    We've harvested from our garden a plethora of summer
                                   veggies.
                                          Dan flew a kite, and of course....
                                          We've eaten ice cream.  (Thanks for the gift card
                                     Grandma Luci).
         Here's what I haven't done:

                      1. Dragged my children out of bed & yelled at them to get their shoes on.
                      2. Graded any essays.
                      3. Explained to angry parents that if their kids don't turn in their assignments, it's
                      difficult for me to grade them.
                      4. Driven back and forth to school 5 times in a day.
                      5. Felt guilty that I'm working, & not keeping up on my house.

So as far as I'm concerned..... after a crazy school year of working 5 days a week and trying to be a wife and mom to 4 kids, this has been the best summer EVER!

Oh and did I mention that next year, I won't be returning to work?  Did I mention that I finally came to terms with the fact that unless I wanted to work 40 hours a week, sending 4 kids through private school wasn't going to happen?  Did I mention that in the fall I'm going to stay home and home school my girls because my oldest daughter is half way to 18, and I'm missing everything because I'm more invested in other people's 7th graders than I am in my own children?

Well in case I didn't mention that just yet to you, now you know.  More on that later..... but now I've gotta go, I've got another carefree, beautiful summer day to enjoy with my kids!
 



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that you're going to homeschool your girls. Tim and I have started talking about having kids and I already can't imagine not staying home with them (and I don't even have them yet!)

If we have children, can you homeschool ours too? You were the best teacher I ever had. Will you be doing Poetry Thursdays with your girls?