Friday, February 20, 2009

Junk Food Junkie

You know how people make jokes about housewives sitting around all day eating bon bons and watching soaps? Well, I'm happy to say, I gave up the soap habit after my senior year in high school. I still occasionally catch glimpses of Susan Lucci on Regis and I find myself imagining Erika Kane is my actual mother from her 3rd marriage and I'm going to inherit her cosmetics company, and live happily ever after in Pine Valley. What? Like you never saw an episode of All My Children..... So anyway, that leaves the bon bons issue. Lately, I have been trying not to buy as much junkfood because Dan's on an "I'm turning 40 this year, I need to get in shape," health kick. But the truth is it still comes to me. Valentine's Day parties at school, half off prices on post holiday bags of Hershey's kisses call my name in the grocery aisle. I can't resist! So I should change the name of my blog to True Confessions or something, because that's all I ever do, confess, confess, confess. I often eat Hershey's kisses till I feel a little bit sick, and then to counteract those mid-morning (yep, mid-morning) indulgences, I skip lunch, then binch on vanilla wafers because I'm starved by 3.

There I said it. Do you all feel a little bit better about yourselves or what?

An Aside: Whilst writing this post, one of the twins ran in screaming that her sister hit her. I went out to the living room and asked said twin if this was true, and if so was that kind, etc. Then I asked her, (just out of curiosity) why she did it. (I could see that their dolls were all lined up behind them). Through some overly dramatic tearful sobbing, she said, Because she wouldn't let me be the blahhbla, and I wanted to be the blahhhba. "The what?" I asked. She calmed down the sobs and enunciated more clearly for me, "the pastor, I wanna be the pastor!"

Um, okay, glad to see you're learning a lot from all those Sundays spent in church, carry on.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

SO with you on the sugar thing... i sometimes think i should put my body through some major detox, but i'm going to have to wait until my kids are way older. i NEED sugar to make it most days.

Beth said...

YES!!! to the sugar confession...and it did totally made me feel better about myself...as most of your confessions do :)

Unknown said...

ha ha ha...the pastor thing is hilarious...

Edwards Family said...

Your blog has given Blair and I many laughs while being in the hospital. Thanks for all the entertainment!