Friday, February 6, 2009

You Go Greta

As a mom with little ones, I often find myself saying, "she's going through a phase."  Sometimes, it's a "I love my polly pockets phase", sometimes it's a "I only like to eat peanut butter/banana/honey sandwiches" phase, sometimes it's a "I temporarily am only able to say no and mommy" so I use those 2 words to communicate all things phase.  Nevertheless the phases are constantly ebbing in and out of our little home.  

So I guess it should come as no surprise, that even as adults, Dan and I go through our own myriad of phases.  I recently went through the "I secretly go to a tanning booth because it boosts my endorphins and makes me look not so yellow so stop judging me okay phase", and now I'd say it's official, Dan is going through a "I love to watch Fox News" phase.  So here's the deal, now that we watch a whole lotta Fox news, I've realized something; Greta Van Susteren is my favorite.  She thinks clearly, rationally, independently.  She's not as snide as O' Reilly, and not as ridiculously partisan as Hannity, and you know what she's kind of funny sometimes.  So folks you heard it here first, the blogger that likes to fake tan and tends to buy magazines more for the pictures than the articles is now a Greta Van Susteren fan.  Baby steps, people, baby steps...

3 comments:

Jennene said...

My husband has been in the fox news phase for months! :)

AmyLeite said...

Hmmm, my husbands in the eating really healthy, working out phase (which looks to be a lifelong one) and I'm in the excited about learning to be an electrician phase (replaced 6 outlets and 2 switches!).

Brian Aaby said...

Hey there! Glad you "found" me! Soda during pregnancy, huh? You know, the impact I've had on people is so beautifully profound, isn't it? That is awesome. When and where did I do that? --Elisabeth