Monday, February 2, 2009

The Wedding

                                                            Parker, my nephew, was the ring bearer.

                                               Above, Ashley, the perfect California bride, and Beau
                                                  This is Darcy, mother of the groom, my very
                                              animated sister in law, hope I look this good when
                            my kids get married, and here's her daughter, Abby, age 10
                                                   The family shot
                                            Dan's mom and 2 sisters & below, Dan, his oldest brother, Tim
                                       and his dad..... definitely seein' a resemblance here 
Well, the big week has come to an end.  We hosted, we ate, we played tour guide, and we had a great time with 20 different members of Dan's immediate family.  The ten days ended with a Saturday wedding between my nephew Beau and his bride Ashley.  Dan's oldest brother is only 45 and watching his son get married (age 22).  Amazing... Dan's dad is a retired pastor & he had the joy of being able to perform the ceremony for his oldest grandchild, 1 down, 24 to go!  
The wedding was great, everything ran smoothly, we had so much fun catching up with everyone, and we felt blessed by the unifying bond we all have in Christ.  

Sunday ended up being special too.  We took our inlaws to Grace Community Church, where John MacArthur was celebrating his 40th year as pastor there.  Naturally there was special music, Jubilant Sykes, and a special speaker, Ian Murray, who is an amazing and humble man.  We own his books, so it was awesome to see the famous biographer in person.  He was an assistant to Martin Lloyd Jones, a bit of a living legend really, and let's face it whenever you speak with a Scottish accent, you're automatically memorable and adorable.

In all, I'm grateful for last week's adventure, but I'm also grateful to get back in a routine.  Usually, I complain about the daily grind, but I have to say, that it's the interruptions in the schedule that help us to appreciate our little routines and our quiet lives.

(I'm rethinking that last adjective there, it really isn't the best word to describe being a mom of 4, but hopefully, you know what I'm getting at).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures!

Coleson & Tate said...

Yay, I was so hoping you'd post pics! Lovely! We wanted to be there...but look forward to the reception up here.

Sara said...

oh my goodness, and I thought my family was big! What a beautiful wedding!