Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze



Celebrities are very distant from our own personal realities, and yet I often feel like I know them a little bit. Some are especially more likable than others. I guess I've always liked Patrick Swayze because I think that something about him resembles Dan (see pics), and I was always so pleased with the fact that he had only one wife whom he seemed to be very devoted to(a seemingly unusual feat amongst most celebs). Anyway, despite not having actually known him, I'm still sad for his family's loss, and reminded of how much I enjoyed watching all of his movies back in the 90s especially.

4 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

wow, there is a similarty! I actually thought the top pic was a younger Patrick-not Dan! Yes, very sad for his families loss. Great movies to remember him by.

Michelle said...

I was a big fan as well, in fact just watched Dirty Dancing for the millionth time last week while folding laundry. Sad day

stephanie said...

i never noticed the similarity before. that's kinda crazy! dan looks like a much younger (and much better looking) version of dear ol patrick.

"nobody puts baby in the corner."

The Parsons' blog said...

sad, i didn't know he died. i don't read the news, i read blogs ;) dirty dancing was pretty great, although i must say i'm pretty sure i watched that movie at way too young of an age.