Monday, October 19, 2009

No. Cal Visit












My father in law, a retired pastor, has just taken an interim position as a pastor helping out a Presbyterian church in Sunnyvale. We needed an excuse to visit the Northern part of Cali. because we've never really been up there before, so we took a 3 day visit up to see Grandpa Dennis, and my sister in law Carol, and her daughter Rhaquel came too. We stayed at our neighbor's parents home, which was beautiful by the way, and saw some sights. We ambled through the streets of Los Gatos, dined on scallops and risotto, took a train ride at a State Park in Feldson, strolled through Santana Row in San Jose, and enjoyed a Sunday with the saints listening to my father in law preach the word. It was just the change of scenery I needed after weeks of grading essays and dreaming about lice infestations....

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Very glad to hear you enjoyed your time up north!!

AmyLeite said...

Your photos made me miss my roots! I rode that train when I was a kid! I loved the photo of Morgan on the motorcycle!!! Was that in Los Gatos? That grin was priceless and she looked soooo comfortable on it. We're heading up to SJ tomorrow...yea! Glad you had a great time. I'll be praying for you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Aw, I love it there. Next time you go you'll have to meet up with some of our great friends!
I took our kids on that same train, too!
Looks like you had a great weekend.

Sandhya said...

That's the town that Brad is from! Isn't it so nice up there? His parents live in Sunnyvale and they attend a Pres church out there....where is he preaching? We are headed out there next month for Thanksgiving...will he still be there?

Beth said...

ha, I rode that train when I was just a little older than Lor! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Sara said...

Okay,

So, I actually want to blow up and frame that pic of Morgan in your first photo! That girl is sooooo cute, I can't stand it. Actually, all the girls are amazing (which is good since it would stink to be the "less cute Leaman sister"), but now I must just be sounding like a broken record to your soundtrack entitled "life"... ;)

Oh wow, someone stop me before I click on "publish your comment"...

AllGrace said...

Why in the world would you be dreaming of lice infestations?!

AllGrace said...

by the way, I have know idea who posteritas is! Kathy