Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving





Who says Californians don't really experience fall? Our fabulous friends, the Naimos have moved back to town from the desert of AZ, and we had a pumpkin carving night last night. (In other words, we watched our husbands do a bunch of time-consuming and messy work while we chatted, ate pumpkin bread, and sort of watched the kids). And hey, check me out I'm Suzy-baker and I made these cuties for the preschool Harvest day they have every year. I found that when I have nothing to do in the summer, I don't enjoy baking. But when I have piles of essays to grade, bathrooms to clean, and laundry to do, suddenly, I get the urge to bake..... or blog.... or talk on the phone ..... even playing Barbies with the girls is looking pretty good right now.......

Fine, I'm going. I'm going to grade right now. Just as soon as I post some more pictures......

2 comments:

AmyLeite said...

We just carved pumpkins yesterday too! That tiny one sitting in front of Dan is the same size as Lily's - I'd never carved one so small but hey, it's what she picked out and it suits her. :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Glad you're back to your delicious baking. :)

Jennene said...

Haha, I'm the same way. Last Sunday I spent the day cleaning very thoroughly, and enjoying it, mostly because I had a bag full of papers to grade that I had to avoid...