Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Cheer

So I'm all grumpy right now because in an attempt to impress my neighbors, I tried to channel Martha Stewart and make these candy type walnut chews. And basically, when I cut into the crisp, beautifully brown-sugar tan top layer of chewy goodness, the whole top crumbled like over-cooked meringue, only to reveal a completely gooey under done layer beneath the hard surface. Hmmm, baking disaster #1 of the season.

But never fear, because if you're ever feeling down, all you have to do is read one of the holiday-themed poems you assigned your class full of 7 Jr. High boys (and one lone girl, thank you Emily for being born, and doing thoughtful things for me like writing your name on your papers and doing your homework and coming to class with combed hair). Anyway, here's one of the poems turned in to me this year. Hope it brings you some Christmas Cheer:

The Snowball

Come one, come all -
Behold, the mighty snow ball.
As I hit you in the head,
I'll send you to the nurse's bed.
As I do my victory dance,
It will soak your underpants.


4 comments:

Edwards Family said...

While the black flag of sickness is flying high at the Edwards house your students poem gave each of us a little laugh (and follow up cough) Thanks for the holiday cheer.

Sarah said...

I like you more and more! =)

Jennene said...

hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you and your blog!! :)

Kristy said...

That is too funny! Kids are hilarious. And I love your blog entries Christina.